Here at America Top 10 we are exceptionally fond of garlic. I first made these garlic hamburgers for a birthday party and I have had people begging me for the recipe ever since. I make sure to follow the tips for making juicy burgers given in previous posts and on top of that I think the beauty of these burgers lay in their simplicity. A warning though, you really have to adore garlic to enjoy these luscious burgers. If you are not a fan, simply omit the garlic or replace it with finely diced onion. If you want an extra special treat use finely diced roasted garlic in place of the garlic in the recipe but in the same quantity called for. These also freeze particularly well, which makes them perfect to make ahead for parties and get-togethers. Additionally, this recipe doubles/quadruples or more as well as is easily paired down so long as you keep quantities proportionate.
- 4lbs freshly ground beef 85/15 or 80/20 preferred
- 1 cup very finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- Coarsely ground salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- If using immediately preheat grill or frying pan.
- Starting with well chilled ground beef mix all ingredients together well. (I find it helpful to prepare the garlic first.)
- Make 8 burgers that weigh a little more than half of a pound each. Pat these out to about 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick and make an indention in the center to prevent doming while cooking.
- Cook to desired doneness on grill or in frying pan. (When frying burgers, I often prefer to finish them in the oven and let them rest 10 minutes before serving them with desired toppings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we always do!