Many people simply use mirrors for vanity purposes without even realizing the beauty and significance of mirrors themselves. What about you? How many mirrors do you have at home? Have you, at one point, viewed them not just a simple mirror but as a decorative type of furniture as well? Yes, mirrors can also be used as decoration, a very beautiful decoration in fact, if you only know how to position it in your house. Perhaps you may be interested in the following practical tips on how to use mirrors as decoration then.
- Spread mirrors if you have a long hallway. Mirrors will add interest to it. You may place puzzle piece mirrors, mirror vignettes, or groups of hanging mirrors for both side walls as a nice way of welcoming visitors. This will serve as an entertainment when walking down the hallway and it will lighten up the long corridor as well.
- Use mirrors to bring about an aesthetic appeal. Basically, homeowners will opt to hang good artwork as decoration for aesthetic feel all over the house. Little did they know that even a mirror with an attractive frame and decorative details is in itself a beautiful art and, cheaper than those masterpieces. Why don’t you try it?
- Place a mirror atop a table. A full-length mirror (just like the one attached to a closet door) can also be placed on top of a table. In this case, you may just go for an inexpensive mirror. On top of the mirror, set some vases with different sizes and some of these may be filled with flowers to make it more appealing too.
- Strategically place a mirror inside your house. If you have a very beautiful painting and want to emphasize its details, hang a mirror opposite such painting. In addition to being pleasing to the eyes, mirrors can also cover up for insufficient space and poor light.
- Use a mirror to reflect the outdoor. It will look great to hang a mirror that will reflect a window as it gives an illusion of another window within the room. It will feel like you’re in a bigger room and it will be brighter than the usual setting too.
- Put a mirror over the fireplace. In most cases, a fireplace is the central point of a room in which it is situated. So give it more emphasis by having a wonderfully framed mirror just above the mantle. This will also create an illusion of a larger room and it will also add a reflective exterior to the décor you placed on the mantle. Be it candle sticks or seasonal decors, these will be adorned well with a gorgeous mirror.
- Make your room look larger. Mirrors can give an illusion of space. A small room can look larger with the use of mirrors if properly positioned. Placing it on the wall opposite of a window will create an illusion that the room is larger than the usual view. If you have one in the kitchen as a backsplash, you will certainly enjoy cooking and spend more time there.
- Add more fun in the bedroom with full length mirrors. It can be a simple framed mirror or an elegantly part of furniture. Bedrooms with empty corners will be animated with the help of full length mirrors too. Sometimes multiple frameless mirrors do the trick as they give visual interest and make the entire room something like a big dressing room. True enough, as what others say, a bedroom is all about self-expression. Anything and anytime you want it; you can do at your own comfort.