There are many ways to make your own pizza sauce as there are different types of pizza. It will all depend on your style, your flair, and your ingredients.
The pizza sauce is one of the best things that ever happened to pizza. How do you make a great pizza sauce, you say? Here’s a recipe on how to make pizza sauce right at the comfort of your home.
If you are planning not to stick to your old, dull recipe, here’s a recipe that’s been tried for three delightful reasons: the abundance of flavor, the ingredients, and the ease. This is a great recipe and it’s definitely worth a try!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (subject to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and celery and sauté until soft and transparent.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring it to a slow simmer.
- Simmer for more or less than 15 minutes (depending on your preferred timeframe, the oven will do the job from here on out) until there’s little tomato water on the sides.
- Remove the bay leaf and spread the sauce on your pizza dough.