Have you looked in the deep corners of your bathroom and notice anything? No? If you’ve never experienced or seen any bathroom mold in your bathrooms, perhaps you aren’t looking closely enough. Bathroom molds is one of the most common problems in any household but it is very easy to prevent and eliminate.
Bathroom mold occurs primarily because mold loves damp, dark, isolated spaces. Common causes of bathroom molds include lingering moisture caused by lack of ventilation, leaky toilets, sinks, and plumbing pipes, as well as damp cellulose materials such as rugs, paper products, wood, wallpaper, grout, drywall, and fabric.
What’s worse is that a mold can start out as just a small spot and then grow to become a hideous sight. In severe cases, it can become a health hazard too and can cause infectious diseases to you and your family. Fortunately, you do not need to buy expensive materials and call a plumber to get rid of them. Get rid of the mold quickly with these few simple steps.
Use baking soda, mixed with drops of an essential oil and one teaspoon of liquid soap. Add enough water to make a paste which you can apply directly on the molds.
Mix a solution of 1 part bleach and to 2 parts water then transfer the solution in a spray bottle. Spray the affected area with the bleach solution and allow it to dry then scrub with a brush.
Put mild white vinegar in a spray bottle without diluting it and spray it on the mold directly. Leave it on for an hour then wipe the area clean with hot water and dry the surface with a towel.
Now you know how to e rid of bathroom molds, how do you prevent it? The best defense is prevention, of course, and here are some simple ways:
- Use your bathroom ventilation fan when you shower or bathe, and leave it on for 30 minutes following the end of your bath; if you don’t have an exhaust fan, install one.
- Keep household humidity levels below 50%; an air conditioner or dehumidifier can help.
- Use a mildew-resistant shower curtain, and wash or replace it frequently.
- Don’t keep bottles of shampoo or shower gel, toys, or loofahs in the shower, as they provide places for mold to grow and hide.
- Wash your bathroom rugs frequently.
Follow these steps and you will surely end up having a clean, fresh, and mold-free bathroom.