A kebab is a dish consisting of a skewer with small pieces of meat or seafood, together with vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Hmm. Interesting, right? What if me take this kebab, use it, and turn it into a pizza topping? What a great idea! Here we have a simple Kebab Pizza Recipe you can try at home.
You will need:
For the kebab:
1 pound ground lamb
1/4 cup diced red onions
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons toasted coriander
1 1/4 teaspoons toasted cumin
Handful fresh mint, minced
Handful fresh parsley, minced
Sprinkle orange zest
1 cup red wine
For the pizza:
1 ball your favorite pizza dough
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
4 ounces diced tomatoes
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
3 ounces sliced picked red onions
Sprinkle dried oregano
Fresh whole parsley leaves
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the kebab: Mix together the lamb, onions, salt, coriander, cumin,mint, parsley and zest until evenly dispersed.
- Add the wine and mix until fully incorporated.
- Cook in a large pan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly and breaking down with a wooden spoon, until the lamb is no longer pink in the middle of the largest chunks, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain and set aside 5 ounces for the pizza.
- For the pizza: Top the dough with the lamb, mozzarella, tomatoes, feta, pickled red onions and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Transfer the dough onto a pizza stone. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, about 6 minutes.
- Top with whole parsley leaves and serve.
Enjoy your homemade kebab pizza!