Having a travel agent assist you can save you time and money when it comes to your business or leisure travel. Once you have a seasoned agent working for you, the stresses of planning for your trip are sure to be lessened. The bigger concern is, how do you choose the right one? Here are some important questions for your prospective travel agent that you should definitely ask if you want to screen the good from the not-so-good ones.
Prior to selecting a travel agent, know these questions by heart and do not hesitate to ask them:
- What is the area of your agency’s expertise?
- What is your personal travel history?
- Have you visited my planned travel destination before?
- How much experience do you have booking travel to this area?
- Do you offer travel insurance or refunds if my trip is cancelled?
- What documents do I need to carry with me when I travel?
- Are there cheaper alternatives to the selections you are making for my trip?
- What deposits or up-front trip costs will I have to pay?
- Are my tickets refundable or can they be used in for a future trip for a fee?
If your travel agent is able to answer these questions with ease, leaving you without any doubt or worries, then he or she might be the person you just need.