Your favorite bite sized snack has now evolved into a marvel, bringing the dessert game to a whole new level. Introducing, the Pizzookie!
Imagine a cookie baked in the size of a pan pizza. This “Pizzookie” is actually fast becoming a trend among the dessert entrees. It is basically a giant cookie which is served slightly undercooked to give the impression of an a la mode.
Impress your guests with this sweet treat as a show stopping finale to your dinner party. Place it on the center of the table, serve with giant scoops of vanilla ice cream on top, and watch it slowly disappear right before your very eyes!
It would generally take you 35-45 minutes, from preparation to serving and you will need the following ingredients:
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the butter into a mixing bowl together with the brown and white sugar. Using an electric beater, beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy and light.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour the vanilla extract as well.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, etc.). Gradually add the dry ingredients into the batter until combined. Make sure to beat slowly to avoid a heavy dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Once well-blended, pour in the batter into a round skillet or baking pan and spread along the edges.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown at the edges and a bit undercooked in the center.
- For the best Pizzookie experience, top with giant scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Serve and enjoy!