Yes I know it has been unfair for all of our vegetarian friends because we have been posting recipes that they can never use or try. It is also unfair that they have a limited range of ingredients that they can use in preparing their food (pizza being one of them). So here is the solution to these problems: a vegetarian pizza recipe!
This is a recipe for a french bread pizza with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. It yields two servings so do share it with another vegetarian friend.
- 1 French demi-baguette, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup of pesto
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella or Italian-blend cheese
- 1/3 cup of oven-roasted cherry tomatoes or oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare each slice of baguette by topping it with pesto, mozzarella cheese, and the tomatoes.
- Place bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Check and make sure that the cheese doesn’t get burned.
- You’ll know its ready to serve when the cheese has melted into a light golden color.
- Serve and enjoy!
An alternative to this recipe is, instead of using a baguette, you can also try using a ready made pizza dough. Prepare the same way and bake for 15 minutes. If you have any suggestions or comments about this recipe, do let us know!